Thursday, September 30, 2010

Surprise Visit

I received several phone calls from my brother yesterday morning.  I was at Bible study and unable to answer my phone.  I was completely overjoyed when I listened to the messages.  Ryan was stationed with the Army Reserves at Fort Dix in New Jersey for the month of September.  His flight home had 4 hour layover in Charlotte.

The girls and I stopped by the airport and picked him up to hang out at our house for a few hours.  We hadn't seen Ryan in almost a year so it was such a treat to get to spend some quality time with him.  He had never been to our home in Charlotte and it was his first time meeting Aubrey!   




Both girls loved their Uncle Ryan.  We were sad that Sarah and the kids couldn't join him.  Before we knew it, it was time to take him back to the airport for his flight home to Huntsville, Alabama.

2 comments: