Friday, May 3, 2013

Mommy Day

 On Monday's while Lily Kate is in Preschool, Aubrey and I have "Mommy Day."  It originated one day when Aubrey was sad she wasn't going to school, so I creatively told her that she had "Mommy Day" to look forward to.  Most days we just run errands or come home and get stuff done around the house, but occasionally I try to do something fun- a trip to the park, a craft.  Today we got her haircut and then went to the library.
I usually cut her hair, but I can never get it straight in the back- so since I had a coupon we went to Doolittles!  She did great!
 I thought it was just going to be a normal trip to the library to get some new books, but it was Elephant and Piggie Day!  (Based on the books by Mo Willems).  They had a play, story time, crafts and games.
Mo Willems is a really fun author. Our favorite book is Knuffle Bunny, but There is a Bird on Your Head is also a classic.  If you have never heard of him, check out this video adaptation of his book to see what it is all about :)
 Aubrey made a bird on her head :) 
I love these sweet moments together.  Time goes so quickly and my little ones grow up so fast.  I try my best to cherish every moment.  Mommy Day is one way we make the "ordinary" special!

1 comment: