Friday, May 14, 2010

FedEx

For the past four Friday nights we have been attending Friday Evening Date Experience at our church. Each week we hear from a different married couple who share their love story and give us advice on how to make our marriage better. I have really enjoyed these "scheduled" dates and just having some time to chat with my man. Lily Kate loves attending as well (they have childcare and our babysitter is one of the staff). I will be sad to see it come to an end next Friday, but I am thankful for many of the conversations it has started between us.
In my opinion some of the most useful advice we have learned:
Spend at least 10 minutes a day talking about something other than work/kids/household.
While wives require lots of love, husbands need lots of respect.
Communication is key to a healthy relationship.
It is hard to believe Stephen and I will celebrate our 7 year anniversary at the end of the month. I'm so thankful I married my best friend!

1 comment:

  1. Y'all are too precious:) I'm going to talk to my Steven right now about something other than work/home/kids. We'll see how it works.

    ReplyDelete